Please only apply if you have right to work in Australia.
We are a medium-sized well established Structural and Civil Engineering consulting firm located in Liverpool NSW. We are seeking a qualified Structural Design Engineer, preferably with 3 to 8 years of design experience working in Australian consultancy firm. However, graduates from a recognised Australian university are welcome to apply to be considered for a junior engineer role as well.
LIM ENGINEERS is a well-established Structural and Civil Engineering consulting firm located in Liverpool, NSW. With the current director and design team, we have formed a trusted reputation with our clients since 2003, through delivering outstanding service that goes beyond expectation that often leads to repeat business. This has resulted in consistency in pipeline of works in our book.
The key to our success is in our ‘Team’ effort culture, along with highly skilled and qualified engineers and drafters with a wealth of knowledge and industry experience, with most of the current design team members remaining with the firm for many years. Our Structural and Civil Engineering services has taken us working through the full spectrum of domestic, retail, commercial and industrial development projects.
Due to the growth in projects that we have recently experienced, we require an enthusiastic and all rounded Structural Design Engineer to join our team immediately. Work will typically involve structural design of various types of projects in a diverse range of categories.
As an experienced Structural Engineer, you must be able to work fairly autonomously with minimum supervision, have good communication skills and work well within a team environment. This role will require thorough attention to detail and good time management skills to enable you to be successful in a fast-paced environment. You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director, with the support from an established team of highly experienced design team members of engineers and drafters.
You must have the following:
- Graduated from an Australian University in Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural engineering.
- You must have minimum 3 years local experience (Australia) in design role within a consultancy environment.
- Experience in the structural design and checking of documentation to local requirements.
- Proficient in designing building structure elements in steel, concrete, masonry and timber, to Australian design codes and standards.
- Advance skills in using analysis and design software packages such as MICROSTRAN, RAPT, LIMCON etc. Some experience in RAM CONCEPT or similar F.E based software packages would be advantageous but not essential.
- Full Australian working rights.
- Applicants must have a valid Australian Driving License.
Benefits of joining our team
- Competitive salary negotiated on experience.
- Be part of a great friendly company culture in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Working across a diverse range of projects. You will never get bored with working on the same type of projects ever!
- Working closely with the owners of the business who pride themselves on staff personal development.
- Collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Ongoing support training, mentoring and professional development for obtaining Engineers Australia CPEng status.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are interested in this role please email your resume and cover letter to Lela@limengineers.com.au. Please note that we only accept EMAIL applications.
We are handling the recruitment in house - please no agencies.