Modern Steel Group, an esteemed provider of steel framing solutions in Australia, is seeking an experienced and preferably Chartered Structural Engineer to join our growing team.
• Expertly applying AutoCAD, Space Gass, and Tekla Structures in the modelling, detailing, and preparation of shop drawings for structural steel.
• Preparing Bill of Quantities (BOQ) for structural steel, residential, and commercial projects.
• Preparing engineering sketches and liaising with drafters/designers to assist in producing detailed 3D models.
• Providing detailed design solutions and documentation as directed by the project manager.
• Delivering effective and technically sound engineering solutions within set timeframes.
• Executing on-site investigations at various building and infrastructure projects throughout NSW.
• Demonstrating understanding and application of relevant Australian Standards and design principles of multilevel buildings, reinforced concrete, steel, and retaining structures.
• Conducting structural analysis and design of new and existing buildings and structures.
• Collaborating with architects, contractors, and other stakeholders to develop project specifications and requirements.
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
• Minimum 2-5 years of experience in structural engineering and detailing.
• Expertise and proficiency in AutoCAD, Space Gass, Tekla Structures
• Chartered status (CPEng, CEng or equivalent) is highly preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding and application of relevant Australian Standards.
• Able to work efficiently under set timelines.
At Modern Steel Group, we offer an opportunity to be part of innovative architectural projects and the chance to contribute to sustainable, resilient designs. We're more than a company – we're a group using advanced steel technology for eco-friendly solutions.
Hit the 'Apply' button now to become part of our dynamic team.
Modern Steel Group is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages all eligible candidates to apply.
- Note: Only applicants currently residing in Australia or those who have a valid work permit will be considered.