An opportunity exists for a qualified civil/structural engineer, with a minimum of 3+ years experience, to join the boutique consultancy, VENN Engineering Pty Ltd.
VENN is a Structural Engineering & Digital consultancy based in the Illawarra and currently providing services to local, interstate and international clients in a varied range of areas including:
- Development and compliance of products for the building industry. Including testing, analysis and certification of a wide range of building elements e.g., concrete precast, cladding and composite products.
- Digital Solution Development (Moving beyond product Literature) – for the Building Product Industry.
- Cold Formed Steel Structures Design.
- Design and inspection of residential and small commercial structures.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on the full range of areas mentioned above, offering diversity in the tasks which is uncommonly found in larger firms.
It is essential for the candidate to:
- hold a degree in civil/structural engineering
- be an effective communicator
- be of honest and reliable character
- have the ability to work autonomously
It is desired that the candidate has experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of the NCC-BCA and relevant Australian Standards
- Design of residential and/or commercial structures
- Inspection of designed structures (completed and under construction)
- Extensive use of Microsoft excel
- Structural engineering software tools
VENN offers a flexible workplace environment, with most work being project based allowing the successful applicant to work from a home office regularly.
Remuneration will be based on experience and all are encouraged to apply including undergraduates who may have some of the above experience. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and/or email your resume to apply for the position.