As engineers we are faced with some of the most exciting challenges of our generation, from energy transition to food and water security. At BG&E Resources Qld we believe we are here to help change the future, we have the opportunity to create innovative solutions in response to these challenges and make a positive impact on society and our environment.
BG&E Resources QLD has enjoyed an enviable reputation with our clients for its ‘can do’ attitude to developing sustainable and appropriate engineering solutions. Our culture of maintaining a strong client focus, delivering on promises, and understanding client and project needs is fully integrated into the BG&E Resources QLD approach.
BG&E Resources QLD, is a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, providing civil, structural, mechanical and electrical services covering our client’s entire project lifecycle. Across mining, industrial and renewables, BG&E Resources QLD delivers world class engineering to help our clients optimise the performance of assets and improve productivity and safety.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Mechanical & Materials Handling Designer to join our Brisbane team. This is a newly created position due our growing client portfolio and business expansion. Reporting to our Design Lead, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative practical solutions for our business and client specifications, as well as:
- Undertake mechanical and materials handling design tasks (Brownfield and Greenfield) from concept through to commissioning, ensuring compliance with industry standards and project requirements
- Interface and collaborate with our multiple design and engineering offices, across our varied client portfolio and interesting projects
- Materials handling systems design; wet and dry process plants, conveyors, belt feeders, screens, stackers, reclaimers
- Develop design concepts and create 3D models, visualisations and animations
- Create, review and revise drawings for accuracy, integrity, standardisation, constructability, and best practice
- Liaise and coordinate with stakeholders, ensuring the timely delivery of design milestones, proactively addressing any potential issues or delays
- Continuous improvement of the mechanical design tools, writing, implementing and maintaining procedures
What you can bring to the team:
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering or equivalent (mechanical preferred)
- 5+ years of design experience, primarily in the mining / industrial / minerals processing sectors
- Highly proficient in one recognised CAD system
- Brownfield / Greenfield design experience
- Significant materials handling design experience
- Experience within multidisciplinary EPCM consulting environment
- Understanding of statutory and industry regulations and HSE practices
- Knowledge and practical application of design theories, principles and practices
- Ability to collaborate with clients and multi-discipline teams across multiple locations
Why Join BG&E Resources QLD?
At BG&E Resources QLD, we know that our people and our culture are what differentiates us, that is why we help create a relaxed and enjoyable working environment by giving people the autonomy to deliver their work.
BG&E Resources QLD, in partnership with BG&E Resources and BG&E, are a young dynamic engineering group with aspirations to grow and develop into a competitive force in the engineering design sector in Australia. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of this journey.
We can offer the fantastic career opportunities that come with joining a small team as it starts to grow, as well as the ability to genuinely influence the business's direction and success through your personal efforts and simultaneously progress your career as we grow from within. You will aid our foundation as a new mid-tier engineering company and build up our dynamic and adaptable way to deal with our client's needs.
If you are interested in progressing your interest in this role, please click on the APPLY NOW button and register your details. We are committed to this process and as such, will endeavour to review and respond to your application as soon as possible. We look forward to speaking with you!
Note: Please be advised that we will not be accepting unsolicited resumes from recruiters, executive search consultants or any third-party consulting agencies for this position.