Since 1970, JN has proudly served the construction industry in Australia. In the early years, we operated as a small family business, specialising in structural engineering.
Today, with offices across NSW and Queensland, and around 85 employees, JN is a full-service multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. Our expertise extends across each of the major engineering disciplines, from Building Services to Structural, Civil and a significant number of sub-disciplines, including Traffic engineering, Sustainable engineering and Remedial Work.
JN is where your ideas come to life. Let’s expand the vision, resolve the challenges, and make it happen together.
We require an Associate Structural Engineer to own this role and build on the growth that the company is currently experiencing.
Reporting to the Structural Manager you will lead the detailed structural design and documentation on a diverse range of projects.
As the Associate Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Attending client and stakeholder design meetings;
- Managing key projects;
- Be skilled in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring a team;
- Ability to enhance client relationships;
- Leading the preparation and submission of tenders and proposals;
- Preparing detailed project plans, including budgets, time forecasts and resource planning;
- Building key client relationships;
- Growing and developing a local structural design team.
Your experience will include:
- A relevant qualification in Structural or Civil Engineering;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within an Engineering Consultancy;
- Strong understanding of structures, materials and construction;
- Strong understanding of relevant Australian Standards and National Construction Code;
- Experience in managing and coordinating multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across disciplines including colleagues and clients;
- A personable work approach, and the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships;
We enjoy monthly Accrued Days Off (ADO's) and as voted by the JN Team, we work in the office Monday, Thursday and Friday with flexibility to work from home on Tuesday and Wednesday.