Event Engineering values your professional development and will offer you exposure across all facets of design and project delivery to expand your skillset. We are committed to attracting, retaining and working together to develop our talent. We reward our staff and at every level, we work together to deliver the highest standards in engineering and services delivery alike.
This role is for an engineer who can work in our office in Chippendale, Sydney and occasionally attend inspections locally and sometimes interstate.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can manage a project with oversight from proposal phase to construction administration with attention to detail.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications, design analysis and construction cost estimates
- Perform construction related services including shop drawing reviews, response to requests for information, periodic construction site observation, and occasional structural inspections
- Collaborate with architects and designers and building contractors on design and construction of projects
- Run your own projects
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads and stresses.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer contracts and manage projects.
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Member of Engineers Australia (or in the process of)
- Strong team collaboration, organisational and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
If you want to be part of our team, please contact us by email - firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and a cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role.
A reminder that you must be able to work from our office in Chippendale, Sydney