AW Maritime is a specialist engineering consultancy providing a broad range of maritime civil, structural and coastal engineering services to clients throughout Australia and internationally.
We specialise in the planning and design of port and coastal infrastructure for a range of clients including port authorities, government agencies, terminal operators, harbour managers, and various private clients. Having worked on all manner of maritime projects, from large-scale greenfield port developments to smaller scale coastal protection works, AW Maritime has established itself as a leading engineering service provider, with a growing client base and an increasing portfolio of projects in the pipeline.
As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking a structural engineering drafter or technical officer to join our team in Port Melbourne, Victoria. This position requires a self-motivated, team-orientated individual, capable of working effectively on a broad and diverse range of structural projects with proven experience in delivering high-quality drawings in an efficient manner.
- Work closely with our team of structural and coastal engineers in Melbourne and other offices
- Develop documentation to support maritime structural and planning solutions.
- Prepare structural drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Prepare structural 3D models using REVIT software.
- Analyse and design in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Undertake field work within the marine environment. This may include condition inspections of maritime infrastructure and working with contractors to provide construction phase services.
- Ensure project deadlines are being met while following quality requirements and applicable local and national standards.
Experience and required qualification(s):
- Completion of relevant studies
- Existing experience in either AutoCAD or REVIT (5+ years)
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred
- Experience in structural or maritime design projects
- Excellent drawing checking ability with an eye for detail
- Passion for the coast and marine environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The right to live and work ongoing in Australia
We believe in providing our staff with a flexible, supportive and rewarding work environment built on strong ethical values.
If you are looking to progress your career and would like to work for a company offering diverse and challenging opportunities, please apply today.