About the Business
Established in 2015, Protest Engineering has sought and succeeded in providing diverse professional engineering services for mining, commercial and residential building, and infrastructure industries. What began as a two‐person operation has developed into one of Australia’s leading engineering consultancy firms servicing across Australia.
Our team comprises a professional blend of structural, civil, environmental and earth science professionals supporting clients state and interstate wide. We work closely with our laboratory and drilling businesses delivering high-quality geotechnical inputs to projects from the feasibility/planning to the construction stage. We support a diverse range of mining, infrastructure and water supply clients.
About the Position
We have exciting opportunities for a skilled Structural Engineer with 3-7 years of experience in the commercial and industrial sectors to join a rapidly growing and dynamic team. Candidates can choose to be based at the Gold Coast, Brisbane or Sunshine Coast. The ideal candidates will have strong technical knowledge of structural design and analysis, as well as project management skills. They will be responsible for developing designs, providing technical support to project teams, and ensuring the successful completion of projects on-time and within budget.
- Develop detailed structural designs for commercial and industrial projects, including steel, concrete, and timber structures
- Conduct structural analysis and calculations using industry-standard software
- Collaborate with architects, contractors, and other project team members to ensure the designs are aligned with the project goals and requirements
- Prepare construction documents and specifications for bidding and construction purposes
- Conduct site visits and perform structural assessments to evaluate the condition of existing structures
- Communicate and coordinate with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure project timelines are met and deliverables are of high quality
- Assist with project management tasks such as budgeting, scheduling, and resource allocation
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- 3-7 years of experience in structural engineering, with a focus on commercial and industrial projects
- Experience in industry-standard structural analysis and design software, such as, Spacegass, Rapt, Ram, Inducta
- Familiarity with building codes and regulations, including AS1170, AS3600, AS4100, etc.
- Working towards attaining RPEQ and CPEng Qualification
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to project sites as needed
Why Join Us?
- Be part of something amazing and join us on our growth journey!
- We foster a culture where our people are encouraged to seek opportunities to grow and achieve their career aspirations
- We offer flexible and agile working arrangements