My client is a leading structural steel fabrication company in FNQ, offering steel fabrication, roofing services, coating and finishes, engineering, lifting and transport and logistics. We are looking for an experience steel detailer to join the team.
- Create accurate and detailed structural steel drawings using Tekla software.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, and project managers to understand project requirements and develop precise drawings.
- Produce fabrication drawings, erection plans, and shop drawings for structural steel components.
- Review and modify existing drawings to reflect changes and client specifications.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, codes, and regulations.
- Coordinate with the production team to ensure effective communication and timely delivery of drawings.
- Provide technical support and expertise to internal and external stakeholders.
- Occasionally assist with material estimation and procurement.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Structural Steel Draftsman/Detailer.
- Proficient in operating Tekla software and associated tools.
- Strong understanding of structural steel concepts, fabrication processes and construction practices.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce accurate drawings.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet project deadlines.
- Competitive Pay Rate
- Employee Benefits Program to discounted rates on mortgages, bank accounts & insurances
- Work for leading FNQ business
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you or someone you know would like more information or apply direct.
This role is open to applicants located in Cairns and Townsville. Australian residents only will be considered.