At Partridge, we believe in the power of engineering to solve complex problems and create exceptional solutions. Our philosophy is centred around combining our understanding of natural forces, materials, and analysis with the ability to think creatively. We embrace a culture of innovation, where our team is encouraged to push boundaries and explore new ideas.
As a draftsperson, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of structural systems, connections, building elements and construction techniques. You will learn how to interpret sections from plan, integrate plans, elevations and sections, and decide where to cut sections and details.
You will also be responsible for creating AutoCAD drawings and/or Revit models that accurately reflect the engineering design requirements and construction details. Your drawings will help the builder understand the design and carry out the construction work with clarity and minimal requests for information.
• To listen, collaborate and communicate effectively with internal staff
• Undertake AutoCAD and/or Revit drafting
• Attend and be involved in drafting meetings
• To work in a team, to complete the concept, detailed design and documentation of structural projects
• Understanding the scope of work and timing defined by the Project Manager, demonstrating the ability to think and deliver
• Assist with liaising with architects and clients, to achieve the desired result
• Ability to work within the project budget
• Assist in co-ordinating projects and delivering to deadlines.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
• Diploma in engineering drafting
• 1-3 years drafting experience • Strong AutoCAD experience
• An underlying knowledge of structures and structural systems
• Understanding of construction techniques and building components
• Experience in a broad range of project types
• The ability to produce details for timber, masonry, steel & concrete
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to engage and collaborate in a team environment
• Ability to work in a small team environment
• Ability to meet deadlines and keep a daily time sheet
Hybrid Working (2 days at home, 3 days in the workspace)
Annual Reward & Recognition Bonus
Professional Membership cost covered by Partridge.
In-House Learning – CPD events regularly held in Sydney including a technical lunch and learn.
17.5% annual leave loading for 4 weeks of annual leave per year.
Respectful, supportive and collaborative culture