CSR Limited is a leading Australian Manufacturing business with a rich history and an exciting future. Recognised for our innovative and sustainable manufacturing approach, our high performing products are used in homes and businesses throughout Australia and New Zealand.
About The Opportunity
The role of Structural Engineer will be a creative thinker who will provide product technical support to customers, installers & sales staff across our Masonry & Insulation business.
You will become a products tech expert! You will ensure that our products meet all of the standards prior to installation. You will also be part of new product development that includes the compliance, application and all installation requirements.
Being part of projects will be what excites you! We are seeking qualified engineers that have a good understanding of National building & Construction codes.
You can be based at our HO in North Ryde and be part of the great team in Seven Hills.
Some Of Your Duties And Responsibilities Will Include
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to explore the design of new roofing and wall systems.
- Lead installation cost reduction projects
- Develop specifications, materials, and installation requirements.
- Report on technical matters and pro-actively engage stakeholders on issues identified and actions being taken to address.
- Project manage the introduction of new products into the business by providing installation support and training.
- Provide technical investigations to determine root causes of product complaints.
- Develop technical installation requirements of bricks and roofing products for architects and installers.
- Provide technical input of installation requirements for roofing and brick products.
- Co-ordinate the internal testing of products for product improvements
- Co-ordinate with innovation team testing of new and existing product as required to meet requirements of regulations.
What will make you an excellent fit?
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (Structural)
- 2 years + experience in Construction Industry
- Project management experience – not essential
- Experience in new product identification & development
- Commercial acumen – not essential
- Strong communication skills and can successfully network and engage with a range of stakeholders to drive outcomes
- Good problem solving skills
- Positive disposition and collaborative team player
What's in it for you?
- Attractive salary, 12% Super + Annual Leave Loading + Onsite Parking (Seven Hills site)
- Ongoing training and support, plus the benefit of being part of a committed team
- Rewarding career with on-the-job development opportunities
- A highly supportive and diverse work environment.
Who are we?
Our bricks and roofing products and systems, as part of the CSR Group, is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality products with operations across the east coast of Australia. We are dedicated to our customers and delivering industry innovation through leading technology and product development.
If this sounds like the next step in your career and you want to be part of an organisation that fosters a friendly work environment, whilst providing you with personal and career development – then apply now!
To learn more about us visit www.csr.com.au
CSR has a strong commitment to health and safety, with a pre-employment medical policy requiring successful completion prior to an offer being made.